Wednesday 4 December 2013

churros, chocolate . . .

and continuing with the Christmas train of thought.


Yes, I know, churros are not traditionally a Christmas thing, but for me and my family they are most definitely a holiday thing - whenever my children are visiting their grandmother in Spain, one of the things on our to-do list, is a visit to the Churros Lady's caravan at the Saturday market (strangely several other items on that list involve food as well!)

I have, once, a long time ago, attempted to make a batch of churros myself - but they where pretty much inedible and any nigella-aspirations I had, crumbled (along with my churros) to the ground!

 So when I stumbled across this recipe and images from the pages of Sugar Thumb,
 making  it all look enticingly do-able,
 I decided that this Christmas holiday I will become
the . . .  Queen of Churros!

I will be laying down my pen,

switching off my laptop,

 and wishing you the gift of time this festive season,

 time to make churros - or whatever else takes your fancy!







click HERE to go to the recipe on the Sugar Thumb blog







ps: please let me know if you do try this recipe - along with the end results!


{despite saying that I will be switching off my laptop, 
you will no doubt still find me plonking about on facebook from time to time}





No comments:

Post a Comment